l-11. SAFETY, CARE,
a. Proper Operations and Daily Maintenance. Procedures are vital to safe, reliable use of this type of
b. NOTES, CAUTlONS, and WARNINGS. The procedures described in this manual contain NOTES,
CAUTIONS, and WARNINGS that must be followed to prevent the possibility of improper usage.
c. Safety Guidelines.
(1) Do not use equipment in applications for which it is not intended.
(2) Do not use improperly trained personnel to operate equipment,
(3) Read and understand operating procedures before using equipment,
(4) Operate with safety devices in place and in working order.
(5) Do not smoke while operating machine.
(6) Do not leave machine running unattended.
(7) Be sure machine will not tip over, roll, slide, or fall while unattended.
(8) Do not refuel with engine hot or still running.
(9) Be careful not to spill fuel while refueling.
(10) Do not smoke while refueling.
(11) Do not refuel near open flame.
(12) Always wear protective clothing when operating (hard hats, eye protection, ear protectors, safety boots,
(13) Always keep hands, feet, and clothing clear of moving parts.
(14) Perform maintenance checks as required per the PMCS Schedule.
(15) If traveling a long distance between use of equipment, remove all fuel from fuel tank.
(16) Always handle with extreme care and follow all operating procedures as listed in this manual.
l-12. EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION.
Refer to Table 1-2 for equipment configuration listings.