Section III. OPERATION IN USUAL CONDITIONS
PREPARATION FOR USE.
a. Perform Operator PMCS. Perform operator
PMCS per para 2-7.
b. Fill Fuel Tank. Fill fuel tank (1) with the proper
(1) In a suitable container near Paving Breaker,
mix 16 parts 80 or higher octane, leaded or
unleaded gasoline and 1 part OE/HDO 40,
MIL-L-2104 motor oil (item 7, Appendix E).
(2) Remove fuel tank cap (2) and add proper
fuel mixture to fuel tank (1).
c. Install Tool.
(1) Rotate tool holder (3) downward.
(2) Insert tool (4) in chuck.
(3) Rotate tool holder (3) upward. Make sure
tool holder engages with flared part of tool
Do not operate Paving Breaker with
mode selector in an intermediate
Do not turn mode selector with engine
d. Select Operation Mode.
(1) For drill operation, turn selector (5) so that "D" on selector tab is in the upright position.
(2) For breaking, driving, tamping, and digging, turn selector (5) so that "B" on selector tab is in the upright