2-9. STARTING (CONT).
b. Hot Machine.
(1) Open fuel valve (1).
(2) Turn fuel knob (2) l/8 to l/4 turn CCW.
(3) Open fuel tank cap vent (3).
Personnel hearing can be
PERMANENTLY DAMAGED if exposed
to constant high noise levels of 85 dB (A)
or greater. Wear approved hearing
protection devices when working in high
noise level areas. Personnel exposed to
high noise levels shall participate in a
hearing conservation program in
accordance with TB MED 501. Hearing
loss occurs gradually but becomes
permanent over time.
Starter rope must be pulled rapidly to
create adequate spark.
(4) Pull starter cord (4) until engine starts.
(5) If necessary, turn fuel knob (2) an extra l/8
to l/4 turn and allow engine to increase
(6) As engine runs up, turn fuel knob (2) CW
until maximum speed is reached (without