Section V. UNIT MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
4-10. GENERAL UNIT MAINTENANCE.
This section provides detailed, illustrated maintenance procedures which are the responsibility of Unit Maintenance
activities as authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Chart and the assigned Source, Maintenance and Recovery
codes. A tool kit is provided with each individual Paving Breaker and may be used in place of standard issue tool kits.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
TM or Para
Air cleaner cover
removed (part of air
(1) Remove four locknuts (1) on cylinder
cover (2) using a 10 mm wrench. Discard
(2) Remove spark plug cap (3). Push cap inside
cylinder cover (2) above spark plug (4).
(3) Remove cylinder cover (2).
(1) Remove two screws (5) using 13 mm wrench.
(2) Remove lift handle (6).
(1) Brush off all dirt and debris.
(2) Inspect cover and handle for cracks and other damage. Replace damaged parts.