Mark and note location of springs, dog, and retainer prior to disassembly.
Mark direction of pulley rotation before disassembling.
(1) Remove center screw (1) with 10 mm wrench, retainer (2), retainer spring (3), dog (4), and dog spring (5).
(2) Remove or cut knot off starter rope (6) at grip end and remove stopper (7) and grip (8).
Use extreme caution when removing recoil spring; recoil spring is under extreme tension. Wear eye
protection and gloves. Personal injury may result.
(3) Remove starter pulley (9) from starter case (10).
(4) Remove or cut off knot at pulley end of starter rope (6) and remove starter rope from starter pulley (9).
(5) Carefully remove recoil spring (11) from starter pulley (9). Note location of spring ends in pulley and
starter case (10).