This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Matchmark cylinder cover and front end
(1) With unit laying on muffler side, remove
four locknuts (1) and four lockwashers (2)
using a 13 mm wrench. Discard locknuts and
(2) Remove front end assembly (3) from
hammer piston (4).
(1) Align hammer piston (4) to front end
assembly (3) using matchmarks.
(2) Install front end assembly (3).
Both the locknuts and lockwashers should be replaced as damage can result to cylinder if they
Be sure both the cylinder flange and front end flange are clean and smooth before tightening
(3) Install four lockwashers (2) and four locknuts (1). Tighten locknuts alternately 216 lb-in (25 N-m).
END OF TASK