Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use in
well ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors. Do not USC
near open flame or excessive heat. The flashpoint 100 140 degrees F (38 60 degrees C). If you become
dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Do not attempt to spin dry bearings. Bearings may fly out of casing and become damaged
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 and dry with rag.
(2) Inspect bearings. Replace if rough, discolored, or binding.
(3) Inspect remaining parts for cracks, warpage, and other signs of wear or damage. Replace damagcd parts.
(1) Assemble crankshaft assembly (5) as follows:
(a) Install two needle bearings (15) and piston pin (16) in piston rod (14).
(b) Install crank pin (11) in piston rod (14).
Using a press install crankshaft halves (12 and 13) on crank pin (11).
(2) Install compressor rod (10), needle rollers (9), and thrust washer (8) with lip facing away from crankshaft
Ensure all 50 needle rollers are in place.
Do not overheat bearings or damage will result to bearings and crankcase halves.
Use gloves when handling heated bearings and crankcase halves.
(3) Heat bearing bosses in crankcase halves (2 and 3) with propane torch.
(4) Install two bearings (7) in crankcase halves (2 and 3).
Before installing oil seals, allow time for crankcase halves to cool down.
(5) Install two oil seals (6) in crankcase halves (2 and 3).