(6) Remove retaining ring (16) and thrust
washer (17) with screwdriver. Discard thrust
Remove ratchet wheel assembly carefully.
Damage may result to assembly if dropped.
(7) Remove ratchet wheel (18), three ratchet
triggers (19), three trigger springs (20).
clutch wheel (21) and internal shaft (22).
(8) Remove air seal (23) from internal shaft (22)
using a screwdriver. Discard air seal.
Do not overheat front end. Damage may
result. Use adequate hand protection
when removing ratchet gear.
(9) Warm front end (4) with a propane torch
and remove ratchet gear (24).
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use in
well ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat. The flashpoint 100 - 140 degrees F (38 - 60 degrees C). If you become
dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 and dry with rag.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage. Replace damaged parts.