c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit alphanumeric
code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from
the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identity the item.
(2) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(3) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the BOI, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(4) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity
may vary from application to application.
F-4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN i.e.
NSN i.e. (5305-01-574-1467).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be
used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in Section II and Section-III.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.