5-19. OIL SEAL (FLYWHEEL SIDE) MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
10. Lay the seal housing (3) down on a clean bench
surface with the seal side up.
11. install replacement seal (9), with seal lip towards
bearing, in seal housing (3), using an arbor press
with a pressing sleeve (at least 3.375 in. (85 mm)
O.D. x 2.5 in. (64 mm) I.D.). Press the seal in
flush with face of seal housing.
12. Coat preformed packing (8) with lubricating oil,
and install on inner shoulder of seal housing (3)
13. Coat the bearing race on crankshaft and lip of
seal (9), generously with lubricating oil.
The seal housing (3) will only fit in one po-
sition, rotate housing as necessary to align
bolt holes with studs.
14. Install seal housing (3) into engine housing, en-
gaging the inner race of bearing with rollers. Tap
gently around the seal housing with a plastic ham-
mer to seat the housing.
15. Secure seal housing (3) with four lockwashers (2)
and nuts (1). Tighten nuts alternately until secure.
Torque to 22 - 25 ft-lbs (29 - 34 Nm).
16. Install thrust washer (7) with markings side out,
preformed packing (6), and angle ring (5) with
cup side out.
17. Install one belleville washer (4) with dish facing
out, and the second washer (4) with the dish fac-
18. Install the flywheel (Para. 4-37).
19. Install the clutch (Para. 4-26)
20. Install and adjust the v-belt (Para. 4-25)
21. Install the v-belt cover (Para. 4-24).
Follow-on tasks include: Service the einge.