4-38. FLYWHEEL FAN MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This task includes:
tools Kit, General Mechanic's
Solvents, Dry Cleaning; item 9, Appx E
Compactor set on level ground in protected area
General Safety instructions
Observe all WARNINGS and CAUTIONS
1. Remove eight socket head capscrews (1).
2. Remove flywheel fan (2) from flywheel.
P_D_680, Type III, is moderately toxic to
the skin, eyes and respiratory tract;
avoid prolonged exposure. Skin and
eye protection is required. Good ventila-
tion is required. Do not use near open
flame or excessive heat. Flash point is
200° F (93.3° C).
1. Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent and air dry.
1. Inspect the flywheel fan (2) for cracks, missing
fins or other damage.
2. Inspect threads of capscrews (1) for stripped con-
d i t i o n .
3. Replace any parts found to be damaged in any
w a y .
1. position flywheel fan (2) as shown on the back
side of flywheel, aligning the eight mounting
2. Secure flywheel fan (2) with eight socket head
capscrews (1). tighten capscrews securely.
Follow-on tasks include: Install flywheel
(Para. 4-37), Install clutch (Para. 4-26), In-
stall v-belt (Para. 4-25), Install v-belt cover