F-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to fiid the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NSN) sequence (see paragraph
F&.(l)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph
F-4b.). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
Abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MIL-STD-12.