5-10. CARBURETOR (CONT).
(7) Remove four assembled screws (22) using cross-tip screwdriver.
(8) Remove pump cover (23), pump gasket (24) pump diaphragm (25), and inlet screen (26). Discard gasket
(9) Remove idle adjustment screw (27) and spring (28) using flat lip screwdriver.
(10) Remove screw (29) and throttle valve (30) using flat tip screwdriver.
(11) Remove screw (31) and throttle clip (32) from end of throttle shaft (33) using cross-tip screwdriver.
Only remove throttle shaft if cleaning is necessary. Throttle bushings, throttle shaft, and throttle return
spring are not available as service parts.
(12) Remove throttle shaft (33), two throttle bushings (34 and 35), and throttle return spring (36).
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use in
well ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat. The flashpoint 100 - 140 degrees F (38 - 60 degrees C). If you become
dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is
made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean all parts using dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 and dry with rag.
(2) Inspect diaphragms. Replace any which are cracked or distorted.
(3) Inspect needle screw. Replace if tip is scored or damaged.