This task covers:
TM or Para
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Engine shut off.
Drain engine fuel.
General Safety Instructions
If equipment is hot, allow time for engine to cool
Spring washer (1)
before performing procedure. Keep fire
Cap gasket (1)
extinguisher within reach.
Rag, wiping: item 5, Appendix E
Fuel is very flammable and can explode easily. To avoid serious injury or death, keep fuel away from
open fire and keep fire extinguisher within easy reach when working with fuel. Do not work on fuel
system when engine is hot. Fuel can be ignited by hot engine. When working with fuel, post signs that
read NO SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET of vehicle.
(1) Close valve (1) by turning CW.
(2) Disconnect fuel line (2) from carburetor by
(3) Remove two outer screws (3), lo&washers
(4), and flat washers (5) using 10 mm socket.
(7), and flat washers (8) using 10 mm socket.
(5) Remove fuel tank assembly (9).
(6) If necessary, remove two brackets (10) and